RED, ORANGE, GREEN AND BLUE TRANSLUCENT VINYL
PIXIES - LIVE IN BRIXTON (180G )
11 Years After Their Acrimonious Split, Pixies Returned For An Acclaimed Sold-Out Reunion Tour. ‘Live In Brixton’ Brings Together The Complete Recordings Of All Four Shows From Pixies’ Legendary Run At The Iconic London Venue.
• Available On Vinyl For The Very First Time, Each Show Is Pressed On Two Heavyweight 180g Vinyl And Housed In A Wide Spine Sleeve With Printed Inner Bags: 2nd June (Translucent Red Vinyl), 3rd June (Translucent Orange Vinyl), 4th June (Translucent Green Vinyl), 5th June (Translucent Blue Vinyl)
• Each Show Has Been Newly Mastered For This Release By Phil Kinrade At Alchemy Mastering At AIR
• Includes A 24-Page Booklet Featuring Photographs And New Artwork, Plus Memories And Paraphernalia From Fans Who Attended The Brixton Gigs
• Also Includes A 68cm X 48cm Fold-Out Poster Featuring The New ‘Live In Brixton’ Boxset Artwork
• All Housed Within A Deluxe Slipcase Box Featuring Silver Foil Detailing
The Pixies‘ triumphant live shows at Brixton Academy in 2004, which ended an 11-year hiatus, are to be released as Live in Brixton and will be available as large 8CD and 8LP coloured vinyl box sets.
Over the course of the four sold-out shows the band played almost all of the big hitters and fan favourites from the Doolittle and Surfer Rosa; key songs and obscurities from the rest of their catalogue; and covers in the shape of Neil Young’s Winterlong, Peter Ivers’ ‘In Heaven’ (from the David Lynch film Eraserhead) and The Jesus and Mary Chain’s ‘Head On’. Each of the four set lists was pretty different.
The audio has been newly mastered by Phil Kinrade at Alchemy Mastering.
The 8CD box set again uses the same colours for each night, with each show spread over two CDs. It will be packaged within a large format deluxe casebound book, with similar artwork to the two vinyl versions.
All formats include a 24-page booklet which includes photos and memories and paraphernalia from fans who attended the shows. To top it all off, the packages are completed by a 68 x 48 cm fold-out poster which features the new Live In Brixton box set artwork.
Door Redactie Mania