• Having risen to superstardom through 1971, 1972 saw Marc Bolan attain the heights of “T. Rexmania”, or “T. Rextasy”, as
the press dubbed the frenzy that took over the UK’s music scene.
• This 2 LP set features highlights from that year. It brings together the 1972 Tony Visconti-produced studio recordings,
broadcasts and performances made by Bolan and his band, T. Rex, putting the listener into the shoes of a T. Rex fan that year,
with selections from singles, albums, live concerts, radio broadcasts, a film soundtrack and more.
• The collection charts Bolan’s manic year mirabilis as he toured the world: he was a ubiquitous figure in concert halls, at press
conferences, on radio stations, television and throughout the press. Now, 50 years since his commercial peak, the full breadth
of his artistry is revealed via classic hits, contemplative ballads and rare recordings – with a dash of Elton and Ringo thrown in
for good measure.
This 2 LP set contains selections from:
• “Live At Wembley” – historic T. Rex concert from 18 March 1972
• “Born To Boogie” The Soundtrack Album, featuring Elton John and Ringo Starr
• Marc Bolan and T. Rex’s US and UK Radio Sessions
• 1972 album tracks and B-sides, plus a ‘lost’ version of ‘Telegram Sam’ from the Christmas Top Of The Pops
Door Redactie Mania